Monday, August 23, 2010

Our New Miracle

Today, David and I got to go to what might be our last ultrasound for this baby. We got a few awesome 3D pictures, which I've posted below. We had so much fun getting to see him or her in such detail -- being in the room while a 3D ultrasound is being done is almost like watching an actual video of your baby to be! While we were watching him (or her!), he (or she!) kept making little faces -- smiling, opening his/her mouth, grimacing. It was so awesome to see. David was blown away -- he said that the baby became "real" to him today.

The only way I would get to have another ultrasound is if my doctors decide that they need to do one right at the very end of my pregnancy to get an estimate of how much the baby weighs. The ultrasound tech today said that was a good possibility, considering the baby is already measuring above the 90th percentile is every single category (length, weight, head circumference, abdomen, femur length, etc). He or she already weighs 4 lbs, 3 oz -- whereas the average baby only weighs between 2.75 and 3 pounds. At least this explains why I'm so huge -- although it does not bode well for the next few weeks! I've spend the past few feeling enormous, hot and incredibly uncomfortable...and I'm afraid it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better!

No matter what, it's all worth it. This pregnancy has been so different for me than Sam's was. I've been bigger, busier, and it has seemed to go by much faster. But I've also been able to enjoy it more in a way. Because it's my second time around, I know what to expect -- and I'm able to relax and go with the flow a lot more than the first time. Also, having Sam taught me how bringing a baby into the world expands your life in every direction...so I'm much more excited and less scared. I also don't worry about whether or not I will be able to love this second baby as much as I love Sam -- I just know that he or she will exponentially multiply the joy and love in my life just like Sam did. There is more than enough love to go around, and no such thing as too much...in the words of Shakespeare said, "The more I give to thee, the more I have -- for both are infinite."

Hope you enjoy the photos -- I'll keep ya posted!

Have you ever seen such a beautiful face?

So we're taking bets -- boy or girl??


The ultrasound tech said that he was face up, and every time she pushed the wand down on my stomach, he would get a little tiny dent in the front of his nose!!

Cute cheeks :)


This is a shot of the front of his face...



Just a shot of his nose, lips and chin!



Profile shot



Another front of the face shot


One of his tiny little feet!

No comments: