Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Favorites

Here is a list of Sam's new favorite things:

1. Word -- "Neck." Random, I know. I'm sure he knows what it means because he is always pointing to an actual neck when he says it....which he does...a LOT.

2. Game -- putting all of his bath toys to bed by laying them on the bottom of the bathtub, patting them gently and telling them "night night."

3. Snack -- Sunkist Fruit Snacks. I know, I know...high fructose corn syrup is the devil. Leave me alone.

4. Book -- it's a toss up between "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" and "I Love You, Stinky Face." Personally, I hate them both at this point.

5. Movie -- "Shrek." Oh wait, this isn't new, it's the same movie he's been watching non-stop for two months...sigh.

6. Dance Move -- Spinning around in circles until he falls over with giggles. Right now, you're wondering if this is as cute as it sounds. It's cuter.

7. Piece of Playground Equipment -- the slide, hands down!

8. Song -- "Why Are There So Many Songs About Rainbows?" from the Muppet Movie.

9. Color -- Green. I've gathered this from his most frequent choice of bath crayon. Based on this highly accurate and scientific method, blue is a close second.

10. Article of Clothing -- a green (coincidence? I think not) shirt with a picture of a monster on the front with his mouth wide open and a caption that says "FEED ME!" I guess I've read him the caption enough times now, because every time I put it on him he looks down at the picture and then starts doing the baby sign for "Eat" while saying "NACK! NACK!" (Sam for "snack").

The coolest thing about all of this is that he HAS favorite things. He is a real person, he has a unique personality and sense of self. He is different than me and separate from me. It's so awesome to watch him develop as a human being, and to be able to share it with all of you here!

No comments: