Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I just want to thank everyone out there who reached out to me over the past few weeks, whether on this site or with an email, a phone call, a card...I can't say enough about what you did for me. I may not have always responded in the best way (or even at all), but to know that there were people out there thinking of me, praying for me...it meant the world to me. To those of you who shared your personal experiences, words are not enough. You helped me feel less alone, and you made me believe I was strong enough to recover. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

It has taken me awhile to start to feel "normal" again. But I'm getting there. Physically, I feel stronger and less tired. Emotionally, I take it one day at a time. I think about him (I'm convinced it was a boy) every day...sometimes I think about how far along I would be now (15 weeks), sometimes I think about seeing his little heartbeat on the screen of the ultrasound. Most of the time I just think about how much I loved him already, and how much I wish I could've met him. But strange as it sounds, it doesn't always make me sad. Life is always precious, always meaningful, always beautiful...and to me, his was no different. But I do miss him...I miss him all the time.

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back on the horse...or on the blog, as it were. I promise to do better from here on out. I have lots to update you on (like Samuel's first birthday!), and I will get to it over the next couple of days. Stay tuned :)

No comments: