Sunday, September 20, 2009

Just a Walk in the Park...

Sam and I had a great morning -- we took a trip to the huge park downtown with my sister and her kids, Lucas and Daniel. The park is called S.W.I.N.G., which stands for "St. Augustine's Wish for It's Next Generation." Basically, there had been another park in town that burned down, and the community came together in 1997 to replace it. Thousands of volunteers came out with hammers and supplies, and the park was built in a week. It's nearly 40,000 square feet of awesomeness -- swings, slides, monkey bars, fireman's poles, tunnels, and other fun stuff.

Sam had a blast -- when he wasn't trying to eat the mulch! I can only imagine how huge this place seems to a one-year-old...he was a little overwhelmed at first. He did a lot of wandering around, and went on the swings and the slide and a couple of other things (swings obviously being his favorite). I'm just so glad that there is a place like this in St. Augustine, so that he'll have somewhere fun to play as he grows up. Daddy called while we were there, and Sam got to talk to him on the phone...David can't wait to take him back when he gets home (just a couple of short weeks away!).

A few photos of our fun day...enjoy!


So much to see, so much to explore...where to head first?!

Riding a dinosaur with his cousin, Lucas!



He's pointing at the swings...



Finally!! His favorite :)


I can already hear him in a couple of years, telling me to "push me higher, Mommy!"

No comments: