Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's All Okay. Really.

This week has been crazy...and it's not even over yet!

I've been working a lot lately (even until 9 p.m. the other night), I have to drill this weekend, and I had a grad school paper due today. Couple all this with a VERY active thirteen-month-old and a deployed husband, and you can imagine the state my house is in. Well, actually...imagine the state you think my house is in, and then add a few extra piles of dirty laundry and much, much more dog hair!

Anyway, the point is -- it's all okay. Really. I had a little meltdown a day or two ago (okay, I had a few meltdowns over the past several days), but I feel okay now. This moment. For who knows how long.

I only have one more day of work until I get a day off, my grad school paper is completed and turned in (a glorious manifesto of sub-standard ramblings), my son is fed and clothed and bathed (well, today I sanitized him in the hot tub...does that count?!), and -- best of all -- David comes home in TWO DAYS!!!

It's going to be so great to have him back. He does so much for us and fills so many roles around here. He is my mechanic, my grill master, my spider killer, my lawn guy. He is my "get that off the top shelf because I can't reach it," my sounding board, my stand-up comedian, my daily dose of calm, the warmth beside me in bed every night, the other half of this crazy tag team. I can't tell you how much I have missed him.

So basically, keep him in your thoughts as he travels (it's a long, hard trip!), and keep us in your thoughts as we anticipate his return...because, trust me, that's a tough trip too ;).

I'll keep you updated -- poorly and sporadically -- as always...

No comments: