Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rugs...seriously?!

So today, my sister and her sons Lucas and Daniel went out to my new house with me to help me set up my mailbox. It's a little weird that I'll have to start checking mail at a house that I don't actually live in, but hey...such is the military life, right? So anyway, we get the mailbox set up and then we set out for the outlet malls to hit up the Rug Decor store, since nearly my entire new house is tiled (so at least a few area rugs are in order).

So explain this to me...why are rugs -- especially ugly rugs -- so freakin' expensive?! I mean, if these were rugs that were beautiful rugs handwoven by artisans or Turkish children, I would understand...but there were seriously rugs in this store that made me question other people's reason and sanity (as in "who is buying these rugs? Pavarotti? The Artist Formerly Known as Prince?"). There's just no way I am going to spend two weeks of salary on something that is mass produced, most likely made of polyester and will undoubtedly be covered in yellow Lab dog hair and sippie cup spills in a couple of year. Dream on, Rug Decor!!!

PS -- Don't email me about the evils of child labor...I was kidding, people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually came across Spacify.com that has a huge collections of designer rugs, Kid Rugs etc., with really good prices.