Monday, December 8, 2008

One Little Indian...


Happy (ridiculously) belated Thanksgiving to everyone out there! This year's holiday was extra special for me, since it was my first one with my little man, who I love more and more with every passing day. Also, David flew in to spend the long weekend with us, and sitting around the table with my husband, my son and the rest of my family made me realize how truly blessed I am. There is nothing that I am more thankful for than all the special people in my life who support me, make me laugh and give me regular reality checks to keep me from going off the deep end. To count my blessings, and to honor the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, a short (and NOT all-inclusive) list of other things I'm grateful for is below:

  1. 70 degree weather in December (take that, Omaha!)
  2. Bella and Chloe, my crazy dogs...they might be naughty, but they've got spunk (and there are few qualities I value more than spunk!)
  3. Luli's, the adorable new cupcake store downtown
  4. Being seven pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight (and thus, 17 pounds away from my goal weight...but let's not focus on that until after Christmas!!)
  5. Finally owning a four bedroom home...now our houseguests won't have to sleep in a "guest room/office" (of course, we'll need to get some houseguests first...anyone? anyone?)
  6. The new teak armoire I bought last week at an import store...it's one-of-a-kind, people!
  7. Big Love...my new favorite show...if you've never watched it, you need to get with the program (pardon the pun). Polygamy has never seemed so quaint!
  8. The rights that come with being an American (seriously...enough said)
  9. The church bells that ring downtown every day at noon
  10. The sound of my son's laugh

So much has happened over the past couple of weeks...I have lots more to catch you all up on, so stay tuned!! But for now, to re-focus on my most precious blessing, here are some photos of Samuel in his Thanksgiving headdress, which he made at daycare (and by "he," I of course mean "his teachers"). Enjoy!


No comments: