Monday, December 15, 2008

Poor Baby...

Quick update -- Samuel is still really sick. I took him to the doctor this morning after his fever spiked overnight, mostly because I was concerned that he wasn't eating and was going to get seriously dehydrated. The doctor listened to his lungs and said that the virus was definitely deep in there...he gave us a nebulizer and we now have to give the poor baby breathing treatments (the same kind they give people with asthma) every four hours for the next week. He wears this little mask (oh boy, does he just LOVE that)...it looks like a little fish, which I guess is supposed to make the whole thing "fun" (it doesn't work). He is also on a decongestant, Tylenol and amoxicillin (for an ear infection...could more stuff go wrong?!). Keeping up with all his dosages has become such a challenge that we're keeping a chart to make sure we don't get mixed up!! His RSV is so contagious that the doctor doesn't want him back in daycare until at least next week, so my mom is going to be staying home with him over the next four days. Thank God for my family...I am still so new at work and so many things have happened that required me to take time off (pregnancy complications, the birth, my recent surgery, etc)...I really don't think I could've asked for any more time off. I can't say it enough -- I just don't know what I would do without my family's help during this time. They are the best...the BEST! I'll keep you all updated...please say a prayer for my little man tonight!

No comments: