Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nights of Lights 2008

Just a quick post because these photos are too cute to not get up right away! Last night, Samuel, my mom, my sister, my two nephews (Lucas and Daniel) and I all went into beautiful, historic downtown St. Augustine for the opening ceremony of 2008 Nights of Lights. Any of you who have been to St. Augustine know that every fall, on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, a festival of sorts is held in the town square and the mayor presides over a ceremony to light up the millions (literally, there are millions) of twinkly white Christmas lights that illuminate the city through the end of the year. It's a great time...people giving out free cups of hot apple cider, bands and singers playing live holiday music, and local artists displaying and selling their art. It really got me into the holiday spirit. The square was packed (PACKED) with people....all us wimpy Floridians with scarves and hats on in 55 degree weather...and we all count down from 10 until we are standing under a canopy of twinkly little stars hung throughout the branches of palm trees and live oaks.
I love this city.



No comments: