Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween :)

Happy Halloween!!

Wow, this year was SO much fun. Sam is old enough now that he can at least understanding a little bit of what's going on. We asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween, and he told us in no uncertain terms -- SPIDERMAN! Grandma bought him his costume, which he has been begging me to wear every single day. Over the past week or two, we've been getting him prepped by telling him that Halloween was coming up, that he was going to get to wear a "Spiderman outfit," and that he would go knocking on doors saying "Trick or treat" and getting candy. Some days, the very first thing out of his mouth in the morning would be "Trick or treat? Halloween?? Spiderman outfit???" I hated letting him down day after day, but was really looking forward to the day when I could say, "Yes, buddy...it's today!!"

That day -- finally -- was today! In the morning, we headed over to my parents' house to carve pumpkins...and by we, I of course mean that poor David got stuck doing most of the real work. But Sam was sort of into it, helping out a little. After lunch and a nap, we headed back home, where my Mom, sister Moon (or "Momo," as Sam calls her) and nephews Lucas and Daniel met us for dinner before trick or treating.

After dinner, it was finally time for Sam to get into his Spiderman costume -- and you have never seen a cuter, more excited Spiderman! He was A-DOR-A-BLE. I can't stress it enough. I was worried that he would only wear the mask for a few minutes, since kids are notorious about hating to have masks on, but he wore it the WHOLE TIME. I mean, from the minute we put it on him, through getting back in the front door after the last house, he would not remove that mask. I think he really thought he was Spiderman -- every few houses he would crounch down, stick out his finger and say, "I shoot web! PSSST!" Seriously, adorable.

A whole gang of little kids and their parents from the neighborhood hit every single house in our development (all 34 of them!), and after that we headed home. Sweet boy that he is, he only asked for a couple pieces of candy, and then willingly took off his costume and let us put him to bed. It was a completely successful night, and it couldnt have gone smoother or been more fun. I am SO glad that I decided to schedule my c-section for the day after Halloween, so that I could have the opportunity to do this with him.
Some photos to enjoy!!

No comments: