Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby's First Halloween :)

Today, I am so grateful for David's squadron...because they decided to have a Halloween party! For a couple of weeks I've been pretty bummed out that Samuel wasn't going to get to have a "first Halloween," since we're going to be on the road this Friday night (on our way back to Florida). Now, I know that there are those of you out there who would argue that a two-month old doesn't know what he's missing, and so it isn't that big a deal for him to miss this holiday/milestone. But here's the problem with that logic -- I know that's he's missing the holiday/milestone! I kept thinking about how he'll never be this tiny again, and how adorable he would be all dressed up, and how much David and I were going to wish we had those memories.

But thank goodness, the squadron came along and saved the day, and we got tons of photos of him as the cutest bumblebee you'll ever see! Not only that, but he actually won the costume contest for his age group (babies up to one year old), which made me a very proud mama. Just the first of many awards to come, I'm sure! Enjoy the photos, and Happy Halloween to all of you from us! :)

Say "bees!" :)


My sly little man!


Mommy and Bee :)


With Daddy...so proud!


The only bumblebee you'll ever want to hug :)

1 comment:

Prospero said...

Hey Cait,
It's your brother-in-law. Y'know I can actually see a lot of you in Samuel face in the "sly little man" pic.