Friday, August 1, 2008

A Clean Bill of Health!

Great news...I went to the doctor this morning and, after two days of bedrest and much worrying, was given a clean bill of health! All my tests came back completely normal, and my blood pressure (which reached nearly 170/110 on Wednesday) has stabilized and come back down. So no more bedrest for me...I even got to go back to work this afternoon!! Basically my doctor said that they are just going to watch me and be a little more vigilant, and that I should try to take it a little easier than I have been and try not to get too stressed out (about, oh I don't know, things like the fact that I have a new job, or that we're building a house, or that my husband doesn't even live here!!). Those of you who know me well know that won't be easy for me, but I promised them I'd try.

My next appointment is on Monday, August 11th, and that's when they'll start checking me to see if I'm making any progress toward labor. Keep your fingers crossed that I at least present the conditions necessary to schedule an induction around 39 weeks, which would make the baby due on Sept. 2nd. An induction would be so much better for us, since it would allow us to plan in advance so that there's less of a chance that David will miss the birth (which is a pretty huge possibility if we wait until I go into labor naturally!).

Thanks to everyone who was thinking about me and praying for me. I love you all and promise I'll keep you posted!

Caitlin

PS -- On the bad news side, I finally got a stretch mark on my stomach. Cocoa butter sucks and is a major lie. It is a sad, sad day. Feel free to mourn as you see fit.

2 comments:

Holly said...

#1 - YOU ARE A BLOGGER!!! meeee toooo!!!!
#2 - Stretch marks are hereditary, you're right, creams do lie -
#3 - SOOOO glad you were cleared - the same exact thing happen to me (minus the job, house and absense of husband that is!)
#4 - you blog!!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, you crack me up!!!