Monday, November 8, 2010

Fiona Charlotte's Debut!

Here is the post you've all been waiting for! For months, David and I have been trying to picture this new little person who was going to join our clan, and everyone else has been driving themselves crazy speculating about whether it was going to be a girl or a boy, and FINALLY, on Monday, Nov. 1st at 1:47 p.m. -- we got to find out.

It was...drumroll, please....a GIRL!!!!!!This came as a surprise to just about everyone, since the prevailing opinion was that it was definitely a boy. Since I had to have a c-section this time, it was David who got to see her come into this world, and the look on his face when the doctor announced that he had a daughter is something I will never forget. In the end, it was a blessing that I had the c-section, since she ended up being quite the little chunker -- weighing in at 9 lbs 6 oz!! She was 20.3 inches long, and had a full head of dark hair. The recovery from the surgery has been a little rocky so far, but I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to remember that the pain will be temporary!

We got home from the hospital on Thursday, and have been adjusting to life with two children ever since! Sam alternates between being incredibly sweet and loving to Fiona, to displaying a huge amount of jealousy. Sometimes he comes up to the baby out of nowhere and says "Love you, 'Ona," and sometimes I catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye and the sadness on his little face just breaks my heart. I know he will adjust in time, and that he will love having a little sister. For right now, we're taking it a day at a time and trying to show him a lot of extra love and attention!

Fiona is a big, juicy delight. She is not on any sort of real schedule yet -- basically eating all day long and sleeping whenever she pleases! David and I are getting to know her, learning more about our little bundle every day. Watching David talk to her and stare at her when he thinks I'm not looking has been the most heartwarming thing...he is completely in love with his baby daughter. I look at her all day long, and wish I could just eat her up. I think about how proud I am of her already, how much she will bring to our family and to the world. I cant wait to uncover her little personality day by day -- just like we did with Sam -- and find out who she really is. I love her more than I can say -- words fail me.

The photos below are in no particular order (I've been having a lot of trouble moving photos around on Blogspot lately), but we hope you enjoy them :)


No comments: